Christmas in Dubai is a unique experience, as it’s a time when the city comes together to celebrate the holiday despite being a predominantly Muslim country. While the holiday may not be as widely celebrated as in other parts of the world, there are still several ways to get into the holiday spirit in Dubai. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit the Dubai Miracle Garden: The Dubai Miracle Garden is a must-see destination during the holiday season. It’s a beautiful garden filled with over 45 million flowers, and it’s adorned with holiday lights and decorations. The garden is open from late November through early May, so you can visit anytime during your trip.
- See the holiday lights: Dubai is known for its impressive light displays, and the holiday season is no exception. The city is filled with festive holiday lights and decorations, and you can take a leisurely walk through the city to admire them. Don’t miss the holiday lights at the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
- Go ice skating: The Dubai Mall Ice Rink is a popular spot for ice skating during the holiday season. It’s open from late November through early January, so you can enjoy a festive skate no matter when you visit.
- Visit a Christmas market: Dubai has several Christmas markets, or “souks,” where you can find holiday-themed gifts and decorations. The souks are typically open from early December through the end of the holiday season, and they’re a great place to find unique and handmade items.
- See a holiday show: Dubai is home to many holiday-themed shows and performances, such as the Cirque du Soleil’s “Amaluna” show. These shows are a great way to get into the holiday spirit.
No matter what you decide to do, you’re sure to have a memorable holiday season in Dubai. Happy holidays!